Monday, December 30, 2013

The Year In Review... Top 10 Accomplishments According To The Professor!

We've cracked open the accomplishment jar and WOW...what a year it's been!!! There are just too many to recap here, but our Professor has agreed to share his top 10 accomplishments of 2013. I really wish he'd let me share them all. Some are just too funny!!!


#1) I went skiing in February. It was my second time on skis, but my first time really going down a big mountain. Everyone cheered me on and couldn't believe I never skied before!



#2) I came in first place in the Star Wars trivia contest at my school's Star Wars club! Mom said, "that doesn't surprise me!"


#3) I continued to master my Lego building skills! My favorite creation was "Attack Of The Zombies!" I love everything that is zombies. My favorite zombie show is The Walking Dead but my mom won't always let me watch it!


#4) I helped lead the way in our school's 2nd annual "Light It Up Blue" day. On April 2nd every year we wear blue to show our support for people with Autism. My school also did a lot of fund raising in April to raise money for an Autism walk I do with my family and friends ever year. More than $1,500 was raised by the school, and my favorite fund raiser was the dunk tank. It was so funny to see the teachers get dunked by the students!!!


#5) I did the kids Marathon in June and ran the final mile of a real marathon!


#6) On June 2nd I helped my mom, and team, cut the ribbon at the beginning of the Walk For Autism. I was very proud to be the team leading the way. It made me feel very happy inside! I couldn't believe all the people who came...


#7) It felt really good to get some awards this year too. My favorites were the school award for commitment to my school's community, and the Autism Speaks Silver Team award for raising over $3,600!!!


#8) I finally made it through an entire baseball game with my dad. It made me feel good to see him so happy! Next we are going to go to a hockey game in January.


#9) Dad and I rode the roller coaster. I am very proud of myself for going on that ride. I'm happy I did it because NEVER again...NEVER again!


# 10) I turned  13 and went to my very first PG-13 movie! And my parents are letting me play a few more mature video games too! Whoo Hoo!!!
(Not too mature though!)


I am so proud of Josh and all of his accomplishments this past year, and I love all those he chose to share. There are SO MANY more...the list could go on, top 100 perhaps?!? And I can't stress enough what a great experience this has been for all of us. One lesson we learned was that no accomplishment is too small. Each is a stepping stone to a bigger goal... To see the joy on his face as he relived some of those forgotten moments was priceless!

So now I urge you to find an empty jar and start filling it with all your accomplishments throughout 2014 (It could even be a family jar). They can be big, small or even silly... Maybe you'll even overcome something you've been working on for years, like riding a bike...hint, hint Professor!


Thank you again for taking the time to read my little blog, and may this year be the happiest, healthiest and most accomplished yet...

~Ann~

No comments:

Post a Comment